- About Us
Lilly is a global healthcare leader that unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We were founded more than a century ago by a man committed to creating high quality medicines that meet real needs, and today we remain true to that mission in all our work. Across the globe, Lilly employees work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
To learn more about Lilly, please visit us atwww.lilly.comshow more
- show more
Lilly unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
Our enduring values guide our work and connect us to the lives and needs of those we serve.
On the journey towards fulfilling our promise, we are guided by Eli Lilly and Company’s long-established core values; Integrity, Excellence and Respect for People.
Lilly’s vision is to make a significant contribution to humanity by improving global health in the 21st century.
Our heritage—beginning with the vision and values of the Lilly family—is our foundation. It teaches us the lessons of the past, providing inspiration from our successes and rooting us in a way of doing business that has stood the test of time.show more
“Take what you find here and make it better and better. No business worthwhile can be built on anything but the best in everything.”
-Colonel Eli Lilly, 1882
Eli Lilly, a global research-based company, opened its Philippine office in 1961.Originally founded by Colonel Eli Lilly in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA in 1876. A 38-year old chemist and a veteran of the US civil war, Colonel Lilly was frustrated by the poorly prepared, often ineffective medicines of his day. Consequently, he made these commitments to himself and to society:
- He would found a company that manufactured pharmaceutical products of the highest possible quality
- His company would develop only medicines that would be dispensed at the suggestions of physicians rather than eloquent sideshow hucksters
- Lilly pharmaceuticals would be based on the best science of the day
Although his business flourished, Colonel Lilly was not satisfied with the traditional methods of testing the quality of his products. He was one of the first in the business to rely on pharmaceutical chemistry.
In 1886, he hired a young chemist to function as full-time scientist, using and improving upon the newest techniques for quality evaluation. Together, they laid the foundation for the Lilly tradition: a dedication that first concentrated on the quality of existing products and later expanded to include the discovery and development of new and better pharmaceuticals.
Since our founding in 1876, Lilly have pioneered medical breakthroughs like human insulin, the polio vaccine and many other therapies in the field of cancer, diabetes, mental health and osteoporosis.
Eventually, Colonel Lilly’s son, Josiah K. Lilly Sr., and two grandsons, Eli Lilly and Josiah K. Lilly, Jr., each served as president of the company. And each contributed a distinctive approach to management. Together, these management styles established a corporate culture in which Lilly employees were viewed as the company’s most valuable assets, a belief that is still the cornerstone of our corporate philosophy.
Eli Lilly Philippines office located at the heart of Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Philippinesshow more
- Eli Lilly and Company was founded in the United States of America in Indiana, Indianapolis on the 10th of May 1876, nearly 140 years ago.
- Lilly Philippines was established in 1961.
- The company employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide.
- Approximately 7,900 employees are engaged in research and development (R&D) in facilities located in eight countries.
- Clinical research in more than 60 countries.
- Research and development facilities located in 9 countries.
- Lilly’s medicines are produced at Lilly manufacturing plants in 13 countries.
- Lilly’s medicines are marketed in 143 countries.